Friday, July 22, 2022

Interactive unicorn card

Hi crafters!

This time I made an interactive unicorn/bug card.
 

 

Usually I start making cards by coloring the images, but this time I started with the card base. 

I taped two 300g printing papers together, cut them to size 10x15cm (3,94x5,91inch) and used the See You In The Center Interactive Die to create the interactive mechanism. It was my first time to use dies to create the interactive system, but fortunately there came good instructions with the die set.

 

 

I colored the background using Happy Bloom Day & Clouds Stencil and Distress Ink colors Cracked Pistachio and Carved Pumpkin. Then I added the rest of the interactive mechanism parts another 300g paper to the back of the card to hide the mechanism.

 


Next I stamped a cute unicorn and bugs from Alicorn Happiness Stamps set and colored them with alcohol markers. For the green I used (from dark to light) Copic C02, PromarkerBrush mint green and Copic C00 and for orange PromarkerBrush amber, Copic YR02 and Copic YR000.



 
I wanted to add something more to the card so I die cut some flowers with die from Happy Dragonfly Circle Die, colored them with the same Distress Ink colors I used on the background (Cracked Pistachio and Carved Pumpkin) and added acrylic diamonds to the center of the flowers.

I also stamped the text from Alicorn Happiness Stamps set and cut a little bigger green background under it. 
 
Then I arranged everything on the background the way I liked. I hope you like my card, too 😊

 
 
 
 
 
 
Challenges entered:
 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I'm glad to have you here!

-MeSi-
 



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful stenciling work and coloring. Thanks for joining us on the Critter Crazy Blog Challenge! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable interactive card. What a cute unicorn and great coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card and a kinetic one too. The colours combo you have used works so well, I love it. Thanks for joining in at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pretty colour combo on this sweet card, MeSi (I would never have thought to put these two colours together, but one to case, I think!) Great stenciling, fun interactive element and fabulous colouring, as usual...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just picked couple colours without thinking it too much and I'm super glad they worked together :D

      Delete
  6. Fun stenciled bg and I love the cute uni! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card, love the sweet image.
    Thanks for sharing in our Magical challenge at Try it on Tuesday
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkahm, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comment, I will read all of them.
Thank you so much!